Streetsboro — The city plans to upgrade waterlines in Ward 1 and in the Sunny Slopes development starting in 2014.
The Ward 1 waterline upgrade will cost an estimated $1.05 million, Mayor Glenn Broska said. Part of that, about $450,000, will be paid for with a state Issue 1 grant awarded by the Ohio Public Works Commission.
Eight streets — Blitz, Lido and Nita lanes, and Gillie, Ellen, June, Flora and Gerald drives — will have 8-inch waterlines installed next year, according to Bruce Terrell, the city’s engineering director.
Sunny Slopes water line installation project will be broken into two phases, the first in 2014, the second in 2015, according to Terrell.
About 30 percent of the Sunny Slopes first phase, which is estimated at $1 milllion, will be paid for by the city while residents will be assessed the remaining 70 percent, Broska said.
Broska said one of his top priorities is to get waterlines installed in the development, which is just north of the Ohio Turnpike and west of Route 43. It includes Sunny Lane, Gaynelle Avenue and Andy, Fronek, Meldon and Michael drives.
For more, see the next edition of the Streetsboro Gateway News.