The Streetsboro boys track and field team placed second with 104 points at the Cortland Division II district meet, which concluded May 24 at Lakeview High School.
Lakeview won the 13-team competition with 114.5 points and Hanoverton United Local took third with 73 points.
Dakari Carter advanced to the regional competition after winning the 100-meter dash with a meet-record time of 11.04 seconds.
He also set a meet record with a winning time of 22.3 in the 200.
The top four individuals in each event and top four relay teams qualified for the regional competition this week.
Carter also joined Myron Jones, Prince Franklin and Daniel Sapp on the first-place 800 relay team (1:30.46) and Victor Glass, Jones and Franklin on the second-place 400 relay team (43.65).
Sapp added a win in the 400 (50.87).
Jonte Florence placed second with a time of 16.45 seconds in the 110 hurdles.
Franklin captured third (22.85) in the 200 and took fourth (11.34) in the 100 and Glass finished third (42.3) in the 300 hurdles.
The 1,600 relay team of Jones, Glass, Todd and Sapp placed third (3:34).
Fazio advanced with a fourth-place toss of 47 feet, 7 inches in the shot put.
The girls finished fourth with 56 points. Girard won the 14-team competition with 124 points and Youngstown Ursuline (90) and Crestwood (81) placed second and third, respectively.
Destiny King won the 100 hurdles with a time of 15.09 and the long jump (16-8).
King also joined Delisha McMiller, Williams and Marra Woods on the second-place 400 relay team (50.56).
The 800 relay team of Williams, McMiller, Savannah Nevels and Woods placed third (1:45.56).
Woods added a third (5-4) in the high jump.
The following Rockets scored team points:
• 3,200 relay: Tyler Garman, Alec Bindus, Jake Suttell and Malik Todd, sixth, 8:52.73
• 100 hurdles: Paul Jenkins, fifth, 16.66
• 300 hurdles: Jenkins, eighth, 45.92
• Discus: Fazio, seventh, 122-4
• High jump: Reggie Dublin, fifth, 5-6; and Jenkins, tied for sixth, 5-4
• Long jump: Glass, eighth, 18-2.75
• Shot put: Thomas Benson, sixth, 42-10
• 3,200 relay: Ewelina Siwik, Madison Westerh, Meghan Westerh and Megan Melice, seventh, 11:14.61
• 100: Nevels, fifth, 13.18
• 1,600: Meghan Westerh, sixth, 5:56.81
• 400: Aajah Chapman, eighth, 1:05.71
• 300 hurdles: McMiller, seventh, 50.77
• 3,200: Meghan Westerh, fifth, 13:06.1
For more, see the May 28 edition of the Streetsboro Gateway News.